It’s been a month since my last update on this blog, I think I have a good news to share. I reached the 30th day of my monthly cycle. It’s a miracle! I have never reached Day 30 of my cycle these last 5 years!
As I mentioned before on my old post, I started to develop Adenomyosis symptoms when I moved to China in 2013. Since then, my cycles had shortened from 28-30 days cycle to 23-25 days. It’s tiring when you have menstruated most of the time and you have to feel the pain on that time.
So, let’s talk about what’s going on these last 30 days
Less Pain, Yay!
I have more pain-free days compare to my last cycle. Including this morning, I have 10 pain-free days compare to 3 pain-free days on my last cycle.
Last cycle: 24 days
Current cycle: 30 days and still counting
- I eat better this cycle, more greens, orange, and red vegetable.
- Completely cut off dairy, wheat, eggs, and all meats except fish
- Sugar: almost cut off completely, I only take a little sugar from fruit and raw honey (1tsp per day)
- I drink plenty of fluid: in average 1.3L-2L of lemon water every day + 0.5L plain water + 0.7L of herbal teas (raspberry leaf tea + Yogi’s women moon cycle/kava/other herbal teas)
- A limited amount of fruits. I’m avoiding fruits that taste too sweet for me, such as oranges. Bananas (1pc/day), mangoes(1 small-medium), pineapple(the max is quarter of the fruit), and apple(1 small-medium) are fine. Any fruit that not too sweet is fine.
- Tempeh is a NO NO for me. I ate 3 small slices of Tempeh as a test for food sensitivity 2 weeks ago, 30 minutes later I had cramps, lower back pain, and rectum pain. FYI, I’m from Indonesia, for Indonesian, Tempeh is one of the main food that common people eat every day. I really missed to eat it. I have been avoiding to eat it these last 2 years because it made of fermented soy. I read that the oestrogen level is lower when a soy product is fermented that’s why I gave it a try again. The answer was, my body is too sensitive to any kind of soy product including the fermented product. This reality made me feel very sad.
Well, I didn’t do very well with the exercise effort. I could only do 2-3 times of yoga/walk in a week. I will do better, promise.
I have more energy these last few weeks, I think the supplements regime started to show the result! Yay!
I increased my Serrapeptase dosage from 3×40,000IU to 6×40,000IU per day. The first week after I increased the dosage something happened to my body. My stomach swelled so big and it felt really hard when I touched it, almost like a stone! I also felt pain in my both ovaries (felt like someone squeezed my ovaries really hard!) and also my rectum (squeezed and stabbed pain). These pain last for about a week, but the swelled belly last for about 10 days. I’m not sure it was a good sign that Serrapeptase fighting the Endometrioma/Adenomyosis/Fibroid or something else. I wouldn’t know until I have my next sonogram.
Btw, I lost my weight again, mostly the fat from my stomach. Now I can see and feel with my hands how swollen my uterus is and how swollen my ovaries are, it’s amazing and scary at the same time. You can feel it there, your enemies, laughing… hijacking your body, ready to twist your ovaries at any time…
I started taking Spirulina 11 days ago. The one that I bought is 500mg tablets Organic Spirulina from Healthy Origins. I started with 1 tab x 2 per day and now I’m on 2 tabs x 3 per day. The first day of taking Spirulina I felt feverish, I read it’s a normal reaction for some people because it’s high in protein content that increases metabolism which may elevate the body temperature. I also have the same reaction on the day I increased the dosage to 2 tab x 3 per day.
Spirulina has so many benefits for our body, but the benefits that really caught my attention are it regulates the menstrual cycle, relieve pre-menstrual syndromes, support immune system, and support the growth of healthy bacteria in our guts. These benefits are essential for people like me, who is living with Adenomyosis, Endometriosis, and Fibroid.
I’m quite sure that Spirulina is of the causes that I have a longer cycle this month, but to prove my theory, I have to wait until few more cycles to see whether I still have longer cycles.
Current Supplements List
- Serrapeptase (40,000 SPU x 6) : anti-inflammatory
- Nattokinase (2,000 FU x 3): pain-support, anti-thrombotic
- Pycnogenol (30mg x 2): hormone balancing, antioxidant
- NAC (600mg x 2): detoxification, anti-inflammatory
- DIM (150mg x 1): hormone balancing
- Vitex/Chaste Berry (40mg x 1): hormone balancing
- Curcumin (500mg x 2): anti-inflammatory
- Multivitamin and mineral supplement: methylation support
- Vitamin D (1000-4000IU + fatty food): methylation support — I still haven’t taken this separately
- Magnesium (400-1200mg): sleep support — I only take 100mg x 2
- Milk thistle/Silymarin (300mg x 1): detoxification support
- Probiotic: immune support, intestinal support, hormone balancing
- CoQ10 (100mg+high fat meal): mitochondrial
- Omega-3 (500-4000mg): stress support, at this moment I’m taking cod-liver oil because I have that on hand, I will change to this after I finished my bottle.
- Spirulina (500mg x 6): detoxification, immune support
- Melatonin (5mg): sleep support
- Cramp Bark (as needed)
So far my effort has shown a good result related to pain. It’s a baby step, but I know I can do this. For the whole information of my efforts since last month, you can check it here
I still have a long way ahead of me, I’m not sure whether all of these efforts will get rid of my fibroid and endometriomas, or shrink my uterus because of the damaged that caused by Adeno. We will see in few months! Meanwhile… I feel grateful because I have less pain and I have more energy.
I wish you ladies health and pain-free days!