Today I finally cooked my buckwheat. I have some Indian spices mix in my kitchen, so I decided to use it for my buckwheat. I used a spice mix for Chana Masala (Chickpeas Masala), it has dried mangoes in it so it tastes a little bit sour. It worked perfectly for my buckwheat, my husband also loved it! I ate it with grilled shiitake mushrooms and stir-fried zucchini and red bell pepper.
Please feel free to try the recipe below!
Serves: 3-4 servings, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of buckwheat, clean from any debris and then rinse with cold water
- 2 cups of mineral water/filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of Chana Masala spice mix
- 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Put all of the ingredients (buckwheat, water, Chana Masala spice mix, virgin coconut oil, salt) in the rice cooker’s pot. Stir everything until it mixed well.
- Cook the buckwheat with the setting to cook rice (for about 20 minutes)
- When the rice is ready, fluff with fork or spoon. Serve warm.